- Ferguson protests aren’t over. Here’s why they picked up again this week.
- Last night’s protests (storify)
- Officers “preparing for the worst” if Darren Wilson is not indicted
- DOJ tells Ferguson, STL Co. cops to ban “I Am Darren Wilson” wristbands and says they need to wear name tags (Wristband letter) (Name tag letter) (storify)
- Time for MO’s Supreme Court to enter the Ferguson fray
- 5 things about covering Ferguson
- Tef Poe: “Hip Hop is failing us”
Applying that more broadly, while stats like that do serve a purpose, they aren’t very useful to understanding what is going on in the world. It’s easy to dismiss things which only constitute a small proportion of the population. But once you think of it in terms of the actual number of people, it becomes a lot more difficult to dismiss their issues.
1% is easy to ignore. 3 million is a lot more difficult to ignore.
When asked whether he has gotten any offers to venture into Hollywood during his 20-year career, Jung Woo Sung replied, “Going abroad should not be an actor’s ultimate goal.”
He added, “Of course, filming foreign projects is up to the individual, and they will have a reason for doing so.” Then he frankly stated, “Hollywood is a white-dominated industry, so unfortunately the main character has to be white. But I want to be a main character.”
He further explained, “I’m not sure why Asian actors must make it their goal to enter Hollywood, if it means that they will end up playing villains and supporting characters.”"
south korean actor, jung woo sung, speaking frankly about casting and job opportunities in hollywood. (x)